Monday, March 10, 2014

2014 TBR Pile Reading Challenge


I haven't joined any challenges yet this year, well except for the goodreads challenge. But I've found this fantastic challenge that goes right along with my plans for this year! I'm not accepting as many books for review so I can tackle my TBR pile. So, see! This is perfect! I also love this banner and the button on my sidebar!  You can click on the banner, or button (on my sidebar) to go read the rules and sign up.

I'm going to sign up for the "A Friendly Hug" level, which means I have to read 11 to 20 from my TBR pile. 


I just finished Cinder and Scarlet of The Lunar Chronicles (end of Feb/beginning of March) These had been part of my personal TBR challenge before I knew about this one. 

Here is my list for the rest of the year:

Insurgent by Veronica Roth ~ finished
Allegiant by       "           "    ~ finished

The Maze Runner by James Dashner ~ finished
The Scorch Trials by     "           "   ~ finished
The Death Cure     "      "           "    ~ finished  Loved this series

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins ~ finished
Catching Fire           "       "            " ~ finished
MockingJay              "       "             "  (and, yes, I haven't read the Hunger Games series yet!!) ~ finished!!! LOVED

Aberrant by Ruth Silver    (I see a dystopian theme going on here. I need to find a Dystopian Challenge! Anyone know of one?)

Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo

Crash into You by Katie McGarry ~ finished

The Princess Curse by Merrie Haskell
The Statistical Probability of LOVE at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith ~ finished
Finding It by Cora Carmack
The Secret Keeper by Sandra Byrd
Stealing Parker by Miranda Kenneally ~ finished
Let It Be Me by Kate Noble
Edenbrooke by Julianne Donaldson 
A Pair of Dancing Brown Eyes by Melanie Schertz
If Only In His Dreams               "       "          "
The Mysterious Death of Mr. Darcy by Regina Jeffers
Honor and Hope        by                           "          "
Harry Potter by J. K Rowling ALL of them...I think I'm the only one who hasn't read them! 

Some of my TBR pile

I'm going to stop now. I have so, so many more! These are all paperbacks, and I have a TON more on my kindle!

If you would like to join this challenge, please click here and sign up! You don't have to have a blog to participate! 



What's on your TBR pile? 

6 comments:

  1. That is a big stack! I need to do this challenge LOL! I have a large pile I've been trying to shrink! I've been hearing good things about Edenbrooke - I'll be curious to see what you think! Best of luck with your challenge, Candy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meredith! I know! That's why I thought this would be a good challenge for me. My books for review were overwhelming me, not that I didn't want to read them, but this stack, that was growing and growing, was calling my name. I'm not a fast reader and I couldn't find the time to read them. So, hopefully now I will! :)
      Yes, I've heard good things about Edenbrooke too! I've had it for about 2 years now. I won it from Rebecca's blog, A Words Worth.

      Delete
  2. This is definitely a challenge I need to do. My TBR pile is continually growing. You have a very nice pile of books there. I love The Hunger Games trilogy...Catching Fire was my favorite. And I have read Edenbrooke and I absolutely loved it! Enjoy!!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelli! Have you read The Lunar Chronicles? I feel like I'm pushing that series lately, but I loved it! I'm looking forward to The Hunger Games trilogy, and Edenbrooke.... and ALL the books! Lol! I'm so looking forward to just getting to all these lovely books! :) Thanks!

      Delete
  3. I love paper books but they can make a TBR list a real headache, you can be much more hoardy with ebooks! Are you good at moving books on once you've finished with them or do you keep them to reread? I have a drawer where I stash my hard copy unread books but the problem is that although there are some I'm quite keen to read there are others which are quite far down on my list and really I should set them free because I'm not going to get to them anytime soon.

    I have a huge TBR, I've done a list for this year, and I also have a list of books I've bought but not read and a list of some I've won and not read yet, so I am trying to focus on cutting those lists down, but the problem is a nice new shiny book comes along and I can't resist it! I joined the challenge along with you; we can do it Candy, we can vanquish our TBRs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! I'm glad you're doing it to! I have a lot of books that I've won sitting here that I haven't got to yet. I'm feeling guilty about that too. So this will be good! And we can cheer each other on!

      No, I'm not good at letting books go after I've finished reading them, especially if I really liked them. The stack you see in the picture above is on the top of a five shelve bookcase that I have no more room in. I need another bookcase. ;) My husband hates it. Lol, he's always asking if I need all these books. My answer is always, YES! I just try to keep them out of his way.

      What I'm really enjoying right now is that my daughter is really into these dystopian stories too. It's so fun sharing books with her, and talking about them.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...